I thought it would be fun to start a weekly roundup of advice, inspiration, and commiseration for my fellow writers. Every Wednesday (or every few Wednesdays – let’s be realistic about life and other obligations) I’ll share with you some advice, inspiration, or act as a sounding board for the struggles we all face and experience as authors. So, without further adieu, let’s see how this goes!
For the first week, I thought it would be great to start with inspiration. My go-to source of inspiration is this amazing, fantastic, heartfelt podcast called 88 Cups of Tea.
88 Cups of Tea features kick-ass creative souls whose discussions with the show’s host, Yin Chang, will motivate the heck out of your writing aspirations. It will leave you feeling energized, inspired, and motivated! Aside from a whopping dose of inspiration, each episode digs deep into career how-to’s and step-by-step advice to encourage and motivate your way to creative success.
Top Picks for Listeners Who Need A Swift Kick In The Pants:
- SUSAN DENNARD: The Revision Process & Overcoming Perfectionist Tendencies
- ROUNDUP: Jacqueline Woodson, Victoria V.E. Schwab, Rita Williams-Garcia, Jeff Zentner, Angie Thomas and Leigh Bardugo
- KIERSTEN WHITE: Writing Page-Turners & Crafting Memorable Characters
- VICTORIA ‘V.E.’ SCHWAB: Cultivating Stubborn Hope & Earning Your Way Into The Tribe
- SARAH J. MAAS: Championing Heroines & Writing with Relentless Determination
- LEIGH BARDUGO: #1 NYT Bestselling Author of “SIX OF CROWS”
Which podcasts inspire your writing? Let me know in the comments below!